ShortBytes: FossBytes brings you a list of the Best data recovery software of 2016 which are totally free. These data recovery tool save a lot of hassles after we accidently delete some important files or we do not take backups before formatting a hard drive. Using these free recovery software, you can recover your data back on your PC.
We lose our important data from hard disk by accidentally pressing the Delete key. Sometimes, a software bug or virus can also corrupt your hard disk. In that case, you need the best data recovery software or a recovery tool to recover your important data back at any cost.
At this point of time, a data recovery software come in handy. We have compiled a list of best free data recovery software considering factors such as whether the software can recover RAW, Unallocated, Corrupt or Formatted Hard Disk; its ability to recover from different file systems such as FAT, FAT32, HFS, NTFS etc.; the array of devices supported; time taken for file recovery and user friendliness to name a few. Here is a list of-
Top 10 Best Data Recovery Software 2016 for free:
The fact that Recuva is on the top of the best data recovery software list, may not come as a surprise to the most of you. Some of the features that bring Recuva on top of the list of Best recovery software software are:
- Superior file recovery
- Advanced deep scan mode
- Secure overwrite feature that uses industry & military standard deletion techniques and,
- Ability to recover files from damaged or newly formatted files
- Easy User interface
A list of best data recovery software can hardly be termed as being complete without a mention of TestDisk. Packed with features and a file recovery system that can easily overshadow that of any other data recovery software, TestDisk has a lot to offer for both novices and experts. Here are some of the TestDisk’s features:
- Allows users to recover/rebuild the boot sector
- Fix or recover deleted partition table besides being able to reliably undelete files from FAT, exFAT, NTFS and ext2 file systems.
- Available on all major platforms such as Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X etc and is in fact quite popular as it can be found on various Linux Live CD’s.
Although being a command line tool, TestDisk may not be suitable for some users for data recovery.
Related Article: VHD File Recovery using VHD Recovery Software